Women's Athletic Event Parking and Transportation Information
*Please understand that all parking and transportation information may be adjusted as we better understand traffic behaviors. We will make adjustments with SAFETY in mind. outside concerts/events and Men's Basketball.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will bus shuttles be available for all Oregon Women's Basketball, Volleyball or Acrobatics and Tumbling events?
- Bus shuttles will not be available for women’s athletic events.
- Is it possible that shuttles are available for some games and not others, depending on attendance?
- When extremely large crowds are expected, the Oregon Athletic Department may add shuttle services..
- The EmX runs right next to Matthew Knight Arena. There is no special EmX service related to arena events. Please contact LTD directly for more information at ltd.org or 541-687-5555.
- Where is ADA parking located?
- Permanent ADA spots will be located on Columbia St. and inside the parking garage. Columbia Street, in front of the west arena doors, will be used as overflow parking.
- How many ADA spaces are available?
- There are at least 45 ADA spaces between permanent spaces at the arena and regular spaces that will be managed as ADA Spaces during arena events.
- Are any spaces reserved or all they all first come, first served?
- These spaces are first come first served with appropriate license plate or hang tag.
- How much will it cost to park in an ADA space?
- ADA parking will cost $10 per vehicle, same as all other arena parking.
Campus Parking Lots
- What are the hours of operation for campus parking lots for Women's Basketball game parking?
- Those campus lots being used for arena events will be staffed 90 minutes before the event starts, 30 minutes before the arena doors open.
- Can I pay at the parking lot entry as I arrive or is it possible to pay ahead of time to guarantee myself a space?
- There are no reservations made in advance. Parking in these spaces are first come, first served.
- Can I park in the Fairmount Neighborhood for events?
- No, parking in the Fairmount Neighborhood carries a two hour time limit. Parking in the neighborhood longer than two hours will result in a fine.
- What are the fines for tickets in the Fairmount Neighborhood?
- Fines during arena events are $32 (twice the normal fines. For more information, please visit www.eparkeugene.com.
- If I live in the neighborhood, how do I get in and out during games?
- We plan to have this information available soon.
Garage Entry and Exit
- How does the parking garage work this year?
- Access to the arena garage will be available for $10 per car. Customers can pay as they enter the garage.
- Where is the entry point for the Arena garage?
- All entry to the parking garage is via 13th Avenue and Columbia St.
- Where do I exit the garage?
- For Women's Basketball games, all arena garage patrons will exit the garage through the Columbia St. and 13th Avenue entry. Once all safety considerations have been evaluated, a second exit through the loading dock onto Villard St. may be possible
- What are the garage hours of operation?
- The garage will open for parking 90 minutes prior to the event start time. The garage will be posted in the morning of an event and post the time that people need to be out.
- How will traffic flow upon exiting the garage? Where will I be sent upon exit?
- After exiting onto Columbia and 13th Ave., cars can turn east or west down 13th Ave. All transportation is somewhat fluid. As we begin to understand event traffic flow, adjustments may be made with safety and convenience in mind.
Dropoffs and Pickups
- I would like to drop off my mobility challenged spouse. Where can I do so at the arena?
- The best location for drop offs is in front of the north doors along 13th Avenue, as there is a pullout curb for drop-offs.
- I use RideSource. Will this be in place for special arena events? If so, how do drop-offs and pickups work?
- LTD and Ridesource will be directed to use the Jaqua Academic Center parking lot for these customers.
Limousine and Party Bus Drivers
- Where can limousine drivers drop off customers?
- In order to accommodate the special needs of Limousines, related to patron drop off, parking and patron pick up, all limousine drivers are required to email or call the following contacts for detailed information. Email = email@example.com Message phone = 541-346-5500
- I have a party bus or other large group to drop off at the arena - where can I do so?
- In order to accommodate the special needs of party buses and large groups in relation to patron drop off, parking and patron pick up, all bus/group drivers are required to email or call the following contacts for detailed information. Email = firstname.lastname@example.org Message phone = 541-346-5500
- Are there certain streets that will be blocked off during Women's Basketball games?
- 13th Avenue will be monitored for ADA needs and Parking Garage access. Also, the west bound turn right lane from Franklin Blvd. onto 13th Ave. will be CLOSED when Transit Shuttles are operated.
- When will street closures take place?
- Street closures will likely begin two hours prior to the event’s start time and will work similarly to University Street closures for McArthur Court games.
- Will the traffic flow differently before the game than afterwards?
- Yes. Traffic will be directed away from the Fairmount Neighborhood postgame.
- I live in the Fairmount Neighborhood. How do I get into or out of the neighborhood during a special event?
- We will do our best to work with Fairmount neighbors to make the neighborhood streets safe and accessible for residents. Please have patience and understanding as we learn how best to manage the requirements and safety considerations from the City of Eugene.
- What types of bicycle parking is available?
- There are 150 permanent short term bike rack spaces for daily or event use. There are another 50 long term bicycle storage spaces. CLICK HERE FOR BICYCLE PARKING MAP
- Will there be valet parking for bicycles?
- For ticketed events with at least 6,500 spectators (not most Women's Basketball events) there will be 350 valet bicycle parking spaces available for $1.00 per bicycle. Valet parking will open one hour before the event and closes 30 minutes after the event's completion. Valet parking will be staffed by the UO Holden Leadership Center. CLICK HERE FOR BICYCLE PARKING MAP